Russell W. Beall is a founding partner in the Baton Rouge law firm of Beall & Thies LLC. His main emphasis of practice is on Civil Litigation including Torts, Products Liability, and Premises Liability. Russell is a frequent guest speaker at Louisiana State University Law School where he participates in the Appellate Advocacy Program and the Professionalism Orientation. He earned his B.A. degree at Louisiana State University (1998) and his J.D Louisiana State University Law School (2001). Russell is an active member of the Louisiana Association for Justice and is frequently invited to be a guest speaker at continuing legal education seminars.
Russell has a highly successful "track record" in trial litigation and has secured multiple trial judgments exceeding one million dollars or more. He has likewise participated in multiple cases where the settlement secured exceeded one million dollars. Russell’s unique manner of developing a case from “outside-the-box” allows him to have jurors look at facts from his client’s point of view.
As to his personal life, Russell was born and raised in the Baton Rouge area. His father is a retired Pastor and his mother is likewise retired. Russell and his wife, Kathi reside in Livingston Parish. Together they have a blended family of six (6) children and nine (9) grandchildren. Russell enjoys golf, sporting events, and is a PADI Certified Master Scuba Diver.
Professional Associations, Accolades & Service to Community:
- Louisiana Association for Justice
- Past Member Board of Governors
- Past Section Chair
- Author of multiple amicus briefs to Louisiana Supreme Court
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Baton Rouge Bar Association
- 21st Judicial District Bar Association
- Graduate, Keenan Trial Institute
- Martindale-Hubbel Rated
- Past Mentor, Louisiana Army National Guard Youth Challenge Program
- Veteran, United States Army
- Founder, The FUR-EVER Home Foundation, a 501( c ) foundation dedicated to supporting no-kill animal shelters and re-homing missions.
- “How the Louisiana Supreme Court Screwed Up the Order in Porteous v St. Ann Deli and Café”, Baton Rouge Bar Journal, April 2005
Representative Reported Cases on Appeal:
- Menard v. Cox Commc'ns Louisiana, Inc., 2015-1628 (La.App. 1 Cir. 8/31/16), writ denied, 2016-1902 (La. 12/5/16); 210 So.3d 813 - Affirming trial court judgment finding DOTD 100% liable and award of $1,642,000.00.
- Ockman v. Wal-Mart Louisiana, L.L.C., 2011-2270 (La.App. 1 Cir. 9/21/12), writ denied, 2012-2248 (La. 11/30/12); 103 So.3d 373 - Affirming trial court verdict of $40,000 with only $125 in medical charges.
- Douglas v. Lemon, 2011-0084 (La.App. 1 Cir. 6/10/11)- Reversing trial Court improper granting of Motion for Summary Judgment
- Shelton v. Zurich Am. Ins. Co., 2008-1306 (La.App. 1 Cir. 2/13/09) - Affirming trial court judgment of defendant being 100% at-fault